Catfish Station - Houston, TX (Where everyone goes during Lent)


So. Good. We finally decided to give this place a try because it's Lent Season = no meat Fridays. 

This place was hopping (crowded). You stand in line to order your food, then they will bring out the food for you. We ordered the Catfish Basket and Shrimp Basket. Each came with one side, 2 hush-puppies and 3 sauces. 

For our sides: green beans and coleslaw. 

The green beans were my favorite. They soaked it in cajun sauce (I think so..cause that is what it tasted like). The coleslaw was the perfect creaminess. The catfish and shrimp were well battered and the hushpuppies were delicious. The only thing I could change was the sauce. They had 2 special in-house sauce and cocktail sauce. I wish they had just regular tarter sauce. I wasn't fan of the 2 special in-house sauce. One was too cinnamon-y to me and the other tasted like horseradish. 

I would rate this place 8/10. 2 rating missing because of the sauce! I just want some basic tarter sauce. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Door Escape Room | Southlake

Blue Ops Mission | Arlington

The Shack Burger Resort - Cypress, TX