North Shore Poke Co - Houston, TX (Let's Go Get Some Poke)


 "Hey, another Poke (POKE-AY) place is in town! Wanna go try their Poke?"

 All the way from California! This is their first appearance in Texas, ya'll! Poke (fish salad) is starting to pop up in Houston and every where. I truly love the concept of eating fresh fish on top of rice. Or maybe because I love everything with rice. Haha. I went with a group of friends. Half of them order off their signature dish, the other half made their own bowls.

  My order:
       - Small Bowl (3 Scoop)
       - White Rice
       - 3 Scoop Salmon
       - Fresh Ginger, Pickled Ginger, and Furikake
       - Premium Topping (add $1) - Seaweed Salad
       - Pipeline Sauce (traditional)


What I like about North Shore Poke is that they give you a generous amount of fish!! Every bite I took was fish. I know most Poke only give you a small amount because the ratio of fish to rice is off. Half way through my bowl, I was already full! My Hubby had to finish it for me. (Can't waste food.) Haha. 

This was their 2nd day of opening and the people that worked there were super nice! We got there around 7:00 pm on a Thursday. The order line wasn't that busy; however, it was hard finding seats. Everyone was waiting for their bowls. Half of my friends never had 'poke', so the workers were patient and was helping my friends out. Also, they were running a promotion. If you share the Facebook video, it's buy one get one half off. 

Their small bowl was $9.99 and you could even buy the fish by the pound! How awesome and delicious is that. 

Pros:
- Cheaper than the other Poke in town
-Generous scoop of fresh fish
-Employees were down to earth and helpful
- Easy to find parking
-You can buy the fish by the pound
-Signature dish for first time fellows

Cons:
-Small seating area
-Rice was a tad bit dry and hard
-Not that filling for the guy friends
-Service was a bit slow 

Would I recommend this place to other people, yes. Would I go back, probably not. I feel like I can go to Hmart and buy the ingredients and make it myself. The concept is awesome; however, it can be expensive if you eat a lot. (According to online, Poke is an appetizer in Hawaii.)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Door Escape Room | Southlake

Blue Ops Mission | Arlington

The Shack Burger Resort - Cypress, TX